In our growing digital era, methods of reaching people are always evolving. It’s now almost compulsory to share your brand or business on social media platforms if you want to grow and succeed. Potential customers like to know the brands they commit to are relevant and engaging, and one of the best ways to meet this desire is through video content. Yet, you need to do it right. In this blog post, we offer some tips on how to succeed with social media video advertising.
Choose the Right Platform
Your first step is to ensure you’re using the right platform for your brand. What audience are you seeking to draw? Are you looking to engage in a casual, friendly manner or a more professional one? Knowing the answer to these questions will help you figure out which platform is the best one for you to share your video content on.
Many brands are using Facebook Ads to grow YouTube channels. You can use Facebook Ads, YouTube, and other platforms to grow your brand. For your knowledge, here are some recommendations for social media marketing:
- YouTube: maximum video length is 12 hours, with a standard 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Facebook: maximum video length is 240 minutes, with either square or vertical aspect ratio.
- TikTok: maximum video length is three minutes, with a 9:16 (vertical) aspect ratio.
- Instagram: maximum video length is 10 minutes, or 60 minutes for verified accounts, with varying aspect ratios (1:1, 16:9, 9:16).
To choose the right platform for your brand, you must know your audience. Are they more likely to use Facebook or TikTok, where are they likely to reside, do you want them to view your content on a desktop or mobile device, etc.?
Once you’ve chosen the right platform, your next step is to make the best social media video ads. Here are some top tips for social media ads marketing:
- Be clear and intentional about your message - are you selling a product or service?
- What information do you intend to give your potential customer?
- Plan well. Ensure you have the right equipment and assistance to get your message across.
- Consider hiring professional actors, voice-over services, directors, and editors for the best quality.
- Track the success of your ads by reviewing the analytics and making adjustments where necessary.
Remember, there’s a fair amount of trial and error in using social media for marketing. Consider trying out a few platforms and adjusting your content to suit each one to test the potential reach.
If you need any help figuring this out, get in touch with us at Firefly. We specialise in all things related to digital and social media content marketing, and we’re here to help you reach the audience you need to in the most suitable way for your particular brand.